The Lux Riverside is the only hotel I’ve tried in Phnom Penh. The reason for this is I LOVE it. The rooms are spacious with wood floors, nice linen, great water pressure in the clean, modern bathroom, friendly staff and more. There are a few downsides to the Lux. TV is not great and there is no gym. They supposedly have a cafe but I’ve never really tried it. The best rooms at the Lux if you want a nice large bed are 212, 312, 412, 512, or 612. Close walk to the elevator, slight water view on the higher floors, nice large room. The other beauty of the Lux is it’s located on street 136, 1/4 block off the waterfront so you basically have access to a ton of waterfront restaurants, the palace and more all within 5 minutes. And, of course, 136 is the street with two of my favorite bars, 69 and Oasis. There is also a 24 hour mini mart across the street. If you like junk food, bring your own from somewhere else. While they do have Snickers and a few other candy bars, they are all near the expiration. Of course our lovely American companies ship out the crap they can’t sell to third world countries like Cambodia —- I digress.
All in all, the Lux is one of the best deals for a hotel I’ve found travelling through Asia at only $30 a night.
The Low Down
- Price – $30 a night for large studio, $60-$80 for 1, 2 bdrm suites with kitchen, etc
- Atmosphere – Clean, modern hotel feel
- Website – http://www.luxriversidehotel.com
- Address – No.2, Street 136, Sangkat Phsar kandal Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia
- Phone – (855) 23 722828 — 855 is the country code so dial +855 23 722828 to get them
- Email – email@example.com